Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:20:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Squier SQ15 guitar amp

Started by Bassbuddy, February 23, 2009, 05:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassbuddy

Hi
For a friend I have to repair a Squier SQ15 guitar amp. Three of the pots are broken. One is linear, one is logarithmic and the third is anti-log. I would like to see the schematic to see how I can repair it if I can't get hold of the original parts, (especially the anti-log pot). I even considered to repair the pots to keep it as original as possible.

Bassbuddy

Bassbuddy

Well I did repair the pots. :tu: They were broken due to stupid :duh manufacturing. Plastic parts inside broke. I glued them together with rapid glue <3). It works excellent again.

Bassbuddy

J M Fahey

Congratulations BassBuddy.
Those pesky pots are difficult to find, besides they use some kind of "frame" which is good for a firmer hold, but's not not normalised. And the anti-logs ("C" curve) are almost impossible. Well, in the worst case you can use linears everywhere and explain it to the customer, usually he wants his stuff back ASAP.

drumr

Try www.guitarelectronics.com if you need replacements. They carry most of the CTS brand linear, audio, reverse, etc. Fun site just to browse.