Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:25:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

My hybrid: jfet-Tube Sziklai-> classD pwr

Started by jfetter, June 30, 2017, 05:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfetter

Working on a new one now with some improvements, ie compressor so D amp never approaches clip.

As-built zip attached.

-

jfetter

Opps this is the jfet-mos front end. The above zip is tube-p-mos.

armkon

how your preamp works? i plan to do same thing with class D power amp

jfet stage -> tube clean channel (fender like) -> buffer with efx loop -> class D amp

jfetter

it sounds just peachey. all day yesterday in hi-fi mode with r&b and blues. The stereo summer was too low for CD outputs but worked fine with dragonfly. changed from 680 to 2.2k.

you wont have much headroom using a single jfet front end. if using with the Sz pair then lots of headroom. guitar needs 5v PP input range without clipping. i would do the tube/fet front end.

the bias pot allows setting harmonic content to max 2nd, max 3rd or a mix. For hi-fi max 2nd or simply lowest THD.

armkon

yes, but i will use full 1 tube with 280-330V anode voltage for fender preamp :) not with low values on regural extra transformer for tube stage only ;) and before it i will add extra gain stages with jfets ;) That my plan ;)

so J-fet (3-4 stages) -> (280-330V loaded full tube preamp) Fender Bassman or twin -> Class D PA