Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:46:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Need a simple tube circuit

Started by Fossilshark, May 22, 2016, 02:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fossilshark

Im looking for a simple tube circuit for a guitar amp. I recently had a chance to play on a marshall 40 watt half stack and i instantlt fell in love. My favorite thing about it was the distortion i was getting when i turned the gain up, it was like variable distortion! I was wondering if i could find a circuit that had something like that where when the gain starts to go about halfway it starts to overdrive the tubes. I only need about 5 to 10 watts (special idea i have ill share in another thread) of power for this amp. Any ideas?

Enzo

Sure, build the preamp from that amp you like, then wed it to a tiny little power amp, say one from a Champ.

Fossilshark

I have searched everywhere ln the internet and it appears i can find schematics for every marshall amp except the one i want. Im looking for the marshall dsl40c. Can someone please help?

Enzo

I believe your request is already up, yes?

DrGonz78

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein

Fossilshark

Thanks for the schematics but that looks a little too complicated for me. Im going to use a single 12ax7 tube preamp for starters

J M Fahey

You need two, sorry.
Check the schematics I suggested in your other post.