Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 06:26:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Harmonic Generator

Started by SpareRibs, May 10, 2014, 03:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpareRibs

Hello,
   I would like to know if anyone is familiar with a PRS HG-70 Harmonic Generator. Would it be possible to make a stand alone Harmonic generator to plug a guitar into, and then into an amp? I know this question is really out
there but I looked just that up (Harmonic Generator) and it seems possible.

J M Fahey

Do your part of the deal  ;)
If you can somehow get the PRS amplifier schematic, maybe we can help you isolate the distortion circuit and house it in a pedal, one way or another.

SpareRibs

Hello,
      Thank you I am, and have been searching. It seems the amp wasn't on the market for long so details are
sketchy, few and far between. But I will stay on it

g1

SpareRibs

Hello,
      Is this the part that emulates the tubes. US Patent # 5,434,536 A. I cannot find the schematic up to this point. I do not have a pay pal account so it would have to be a money order delivered by snail mail to buy the one off the web.
      One of the other limitations was that it was terribly expensive to produce, so it may be cost prohibitive to
recreate. I an see tons of resistors and diodes just on the first page of the drawings.