Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 09:33:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Marshall MG15 Series

Started by THChrist, February 10, 2008, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J M Fahey

Dear Teemuk, thanks a lot for the link. It´s often difficult to get "modern, commercial" amp schematics on the net. The MG was even cheaper than I thought, it´s very similar to the VS8040 minus the 12AX7, period. I was for ages the official service for Import Music, the argentine Marshall importers, but lately we´re not in talking terms, because of some unpaid bills. I still can´t believe in the skimpy 1000uF power supply filter capacitors. They must have about 10V PP ripple on full power, and the 50Hz hum, mixed with the guitar sound, must be easily heard . And the TDA7293 in no way can output more than 80W RMS , by their own admission (6.5A Pk limits output power into a theoretical 84W into 4 ohm resistive load, much less into a real world speaker). Thanks again.

Hola TChrist, sí, soy Argentino, ¡aguante el Perú!, nuestro buen amigo desde hace más de 200 años.

jdparsons1

Quote from: teemuk on February 10, 2008, 07:54:57 PM
7) Sure you can. But if you really need the schematic (of MG15CD) I can just email it to you.

hey teemuk,    Could you send me the schematic for the MG15?    You wouldn't have one for the MG215RCD would ya?    Thats the one i really need but im assuming the MG15 is pretty similar minus the extra power amp and a few other things.

teemuk

It can be found from here:
http://www.about-guitar-amps.com/free_guitar_amplifier_schematics.html

I don't have the second requested schematic.

Why not contact Marshall or Korg?

Krank

Hi, I'm about to build an amplifier for my GCSE and I was wondering if anybody could show me the schematic for the MG30DFX, help would be greatly appreciated

Krank

Actually if anybody knows where to find the MG15MSII schematic could they send that to me please, thank you

THChrist

It's the same as the old MG15, but with two speakers.

Krank

I knew that but I've tried really hard and can't find that schematic anywhere, could you please help me?

THChrist

Quote from: Krank on March 03, 2010, 01:06:19 PM
I knew that but I've tried really hard and can't find that schematic anywhere, could you please help me?

Teemuk posted a link. Go there and register.

pyromaniac_

I'm been thinking of building the preamp for the MG15 for a while now, but making a proper PCB layout by hand (don't got any fancy CAD software or so) takes a lot of time. If anyone got some pictures of the PCB or so it could help.

J M Fahey

Hi Pyromaniac.
Search this forum for Mensur's excellent Randall based preamp.
He posted also some very good sounding MP3s, maybe that's the sound you want.
He posted some PCB pictures , not the track design itself which he retains (it's his right, of course  :)) but that will help you a lot to successfully draw your own hand made design.
The board itself is translucid, so you'll have a pretty good idea on track thickness and component layout.