Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 02:16:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

need help again

Started by nikkram17, April 26, 2014, 10:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluesky6

Quote from: nikkram17 on April 27, 2014, 01:04:52 PM
i just want want an amp that has a volume control and a tmb knobs,coz i have a zoom multi effects and can ran into a 4x12 cab,. and specially its non complex and simple as the noisy cricket to built?

Your set up is similar to what I started off with, except that I had a Joyo American Sound to do the tone control.

Why don't you use the Tonemender circuit (http://www.runoffgroove.com/tonemender.html) for TMB, then a plain Smokey Amp circuit for the power amp?

Or you may be able to skip the second op-amp in the Tonemender circuit if the LM386 has enough gain.

nikkram17

@roly

your some kind of a guitar tech?? is that a roadie means?? a sort of like that??

you had a link to a U2 concert, don't tell me that your one of that personnel who setup that successful concert?? or just a fan of U2

@bluesky6

sort of like that schema.. heheh

Roly

I like U2 too, but didn't know it was their crew; just a shot of a typical big show crew/roadies doing what they do.

"Roadie" short for Road Manager ('tho what you "manage" is road cases full of equipment, and moody musicians/actors).  Actual role is to move in and set up all the gear needed for a show, then strike and bomp out after the show.  Sometimes that can be very considerable, many truckloads for big shows.

I've worked shows in many capacities, roadie, lighting operator, Fx, soundie/mixer/recordist, theater tech/electrician, stage-manager, show promoter, blah etc, and amp/guitar tech.

Playing in a band is something like 50% "furniture removal", "the lug", carrying the gear out of storage into the truck, drive to gig, unload gear, "bomp in", and set up.

Performance. (I have a rule, I'm playing a show, or I'm working a show, but I don't do both).

Tear down, "bomp out", lug, pack, drive, unpack, lug in.  2am and time for some R&R - Rest and Recreation.

I think JMF has had more experience with big arena shows.  I've done some biggies, but mainly theaters, pubs, halls, small/medium venues.

{be careful of redcircits and runoffgrove, several of their circuits have problems.}
If you say theory and practice don't agree you haven't applied enough theory.

bluesky6

Quote from: Roly on April 29, 2014, 10:26:19 AM

{be careful of redcircits and runoffgrove, several of their circuits have problems.}

Ah yes. The 80-20 rule of any "free" intellectual property: they get you 80% of the way there and you have to spend your own blood sweat tears and knowhow to complete the rest of the 20%. Speaking as a veteran of the open source software world.

It will be great if you can highlight dubious circuits you know of. Some of the runoffgroove stuff look very interesting but I would be severely challenged if I had to debug any one of them.

Roly

Just do a search here on those two names and I'm sure you will quickly get the idea, e.g.;
http://www.ssguitar.com/index.php?topic=2995.msg22357#msg22357

nikkram17

thanks guys.. i noticed it that their circuits are suspicious,some of it are redundant and makes me confused reading it..ahaha.,

@roly 

is their any radio devices where i can salvage some jfet's?? coz im already excited to test my 1st build but i can;t continue bcoz im still waiting for the jfets uv send.. im stuck  on their., heheeh..

Roly

Protip: most of the time it's you, but sometimes it really is them.   ;)

In the days of electronics magazines occasionally a circuit would be published that could not possibly work.  I could give you dozens of examples.

The InterWeb badly needs a very large garbage collection, of stuff on sites, and whole sites, that only subtract from the sum of human knowledge - and who nobody predicted, the rise of the wet-behind-the-ears know-nothing instant "expert", the troll, the blackhats working with real Mobsters; NSA/CIA/FBI/5eyes/Marketing Big Data, not the Web we thought we'd get.

What I do is remove the internal boards of old radios, amps, whatever turns up by the roadside/tip/dumpmaster bins/etc., and they go in a big box for parts scrounging.  A few VCR front panel boards give me enough red signal LED's I'll ever need, etc.  All sorts of self-contained SMPS modules.  A lot of later stuff is SMD if your eyesight is good.

Take lots of stuff apart, see how it goes together and how they come apart, what's inside and where.  Getting stuff open is half the game.

nikkram17

@roly

i havent yet recieved the fet's uv send our post office here in our town really sucks,. they said,ill recieve it in a month or two,.haha,.

really sucks,.

Roly

"A month or two"?  I thought "three to ten days" wasn't impressive, but a month or two implies that there is a couple of months worth of mail backed up somewhere.  I once did an installation of a machine in a city mail exchange and they were putting through several tonnes of mail a *day*, so I'd have to assume that there are *hundreds* of tonnes of mail backed up somewhere in your postal system!  How frustrating, sorry to hear, hope you get lucky soon.

nikkram17

yah! that's really the situation on our postal system.. really sucks,.so frustrating.. its because they dont have enough mailman to deliver it on time..  :(