Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 04:00:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

ss amp, no distortion... add a 2nd volume to get gain?

Started by darren, August 09, 2012, 07:35:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobhill

And BTW, I also made a bass version of this pedal that has grind down to the low B on a five string that I will post on the Preamp section

J M Fahey

bobhill

Bass pedal (Lowered Expectations) posted in the schematic section.

joecool85

Quote from: bobhill on August 10, 2012, 12:20:22 PM
Oops, put the wrong layout with it. The one posted was my first attempt to add a bax style tone stack to it (that failed), so ignore. Here is the correct layout. Mods, could you delete the layout from the previous post? Pretty please :tu:

Which filename is it you want gone?
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

bobhill

joecool85

thatraymond.com

tubebass

One of my pals built a TA-16 around 1974. He wanted more treble, so he put .001uf capacitors across all resistors in series with the signal path. Worked ok.

darren

and how does one do such a thing?lso like to build a new cabinet for it. both will happen, but first id like to try the caps.

joecool85

Quote from: darren on August 14, 2012, 02:42:05 PM
and how does one do such a thing?lso like to build a new cabinet for it. both will happen, but first id like to try the caps.

Sounds like he literally soldered one leg of the cap to one left of the resistor then the remaining leg of the cap to the remaining leg of the resistor.  This could be done on the top or bottom of the PCB depending on how much leg is visible on the resistor.
thatraymond.com

darren

any ideas as to how this would sound? seems like an easy fix.