Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 04:28:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pedalboard amp

Started by flester, July 08, 2020, 06:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flester

Just finishing my pedalboard/ box which includes a power amp plus all my pedals. 2 switchable inputs, 12v power via dc jack, and one output jack to cab. Signal path is
Mooer ABY pedal
Boss DS-1, Danelectro Fab overdrive, Behringer Tremolo, Behringer Delay, Mooer Shimverb, Behringer GDI2, Power Amp. Yes, I am a fan of cheap pedals.
Needs a bit of cable management maybe. Not shown is the lift-off lid to be attached with case clips. Demo to follow.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

flester

BTW I reversed the polarity on the GDI21 and I got smoke but it still works. The only effect is that the LED now stays on whereas it should only be on when an input is plugged in.

Loudthud

So you built the power amp ? How many Watts ? What did you use for a power supply ?

joecool85

Quote from: flester on July 08, 2020, 06:15:06 AM
BTW I reversed the polarity on the GDI21 and I got smoke but it still works. The only effect is that the LED now stays on whereas it should only be on when an input is plugged in.

Not sure I would trust using it revered polarity for any length of time.  Honestly I'm surprised it still works!
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

flester

Power amp is just a Kemo m034n module with in/out Jack's and volume pot. The module is supposed to give 40w into 4 ohms and 16V supply. I am using 12v laptop supply or car battery and its plenty..

flester

Quote from: joecool85 on July 11, 2020, 05:45:47 AM
Quote from: flester on July 08, 2020, 06:15:06 AM

Not sure I would trust using it revered polarity for any length of time.  Honestly I'm surprised it still works!
Yes I know. That pedal was so cheap I don't mind if it goes. Might put reverse protection on the whole rig though. The pedal PS and all the pedals are centre egative and the amp is centre positive so theres a lot of opportunities to mess it up.

LiamW

Quote from: flester on July 08, 2020, 06:07:27 AM
Just finishing my pedalboard/ box which includes a power amp plus all my pedals. 2 switchable inputs, 12v power via dc jack, and one output jack to cab. Signal path is
Mooer ABY pedal
Boss DS-1, Danelectro Fab overdrive, Behringer Tremolo, Behringer Delay, Mooer Shimverb, Behringer GDI2, Power Amp. Yes, I am a fan of cheap pedals.
Needs a bit of cable management maybe. Not shown is the lift-off lid to be attached with case clips. Demo to follow.

sorry to bother you after almost half a year but I have a question here. What power supply do you use? Cause my board is kinda similar and I changed like 3 or 4 power supplies already cause it's never enough or too much noise