Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:00:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Crate VTX65B

Started by jimtr6, October 06, 2016, 12:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimtr6

Hi, a new member, steel guitarist so lots of SS amps, mostly Peavey 200 watt range with 15" speakers, but now at 66 years old and a disability I'm looking light weight and don't need high wattage, I found this Crate 65 watter with a 12", the ad says it has a hum, does anyone have or know of a schematic for this amp, or know anything about them, it's completely new to me, thanks, glad to be on board

Enzo

Someone may have it, but you can probably call Loud Technologies (the Crate company) and ask for it.  The schematic that is.

It may be an adjustment no longer playing through a 15, have you tried playing through a 12 lately just for science?   I can't lift things any more either.  They make 15s with the neodymium magnets now, which is WAY lighter than conventional magnets.  The speakers are a lot lighter.

Have you considered one of the new very light weight heads and considered a light weight 1x15 cab to go with it?

jimtr6

I played through a 12" Blue Marvel this morning and it sounded good at low volume anyway, I did order a 15" neo 4 ohm yesterday for $99, i know that it's not top of the line but considering it probably won't see much volume I'll give it a shot, I have a half rack Stewart 50 watt amp and use a Genesis 3 as tone, effects, preamp. I did find a Crate GX-30m for $35 which I may try out, it has a 12" and that is as small as I will go for a speaker.