Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:00:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

My Custom Mace is done

Started by skynyrd, April 02, 2010, 10:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skynyrd

Well I got the head back today and got it put in the cabinest and wired for sound, I completely restored the cabinet and recovered in burgundy snakeskin and built a 4x12 cab to match, will have the last 2 speakers for the 4x12 in a couple of weeks. MY GOD this amp is unreal ! !

awdman

Zappacat

It's beautiful.  I had a similar Peavey amp when I was in junior-high / high school.  Approximately 1979 - 1981.  I bought it brand new and only had it for a couple of weeks.  Someone stole it from me at midwestern music camp in that same time frame.  It was locked up in a shared storage room with some other peoples instruments.  One day I went down to get my amp and guitar(it was a gibson THE PAUL) and there were people standing outside the storage room with police.  Someone had gone in and taken everything in the room.  Most of what was taken were reed instruments.  The reed instruments were found later in a dumpster on the other side of town.  My Gibson THE PAUL and Peavey amp were never seen again.

Ironically, one of the cases containing a guys clarinet kit was valued at $15,000 in 1980 !!!  All of the other stuff was valued from $2000 to $5000 all found in the dumpster.

I miss that amplifier but as the years have passed I can't remember exactly which one it was.  Are there any sites with historical pictures of Peavey amps from this era?
I put my pants on just like the rest of you - one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I make gold records.

skynyrd

I got the 4x12 cab built and loaded up with texas heats and man that thing rocks ! ! I can get classic skynyrd tone, ZZ Top, Blackfoot, Allman bros,Marshall Tucker tones with ease out of it. Only thing I would like to change is the highs, its like with the highs on 10 they need to be on 12-13, the pick up has boosted highs and mids and the overal sound is fairly bright, just would like to get the highs up a bit more leads, may have to slap a eq pedal on it.

J M Fahey

Hi skynyrd, congratulations.
Post some link to the schematic and I'll suggest you some little mod to increase highs.

skynyrd

Here it is with my epi les paul in action
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/video/video.php?v=1332438003944

J M Fahey

Hi Skynyrd
On Effects channel, replace R10 with 1K and C7 with .047 (.05).
You can do the same on Normal channel, replacing R41 and C24 if you wish.
The amp will be brighter and more transparent.
Post your results.

skynyrd

Thanks JM,, in the post above yours is a link to a short video I did with it, not sure if its the mic on the camera thinning out the sound or what but it sounds like its brighter than when I am playing. Then again with it at a decent volume tone wise it could be my hearing has been impaired,,lol.