Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:01:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

testing linear voltage regulator(s) input current limit?

Started by saturated, April 11, 2023, 07:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g1

That reminds me what Enzo used to always say, 'a tube tester can only tell you a tube is bad'.  I think that applies to most test equipment, and not just for tubes.
You can measure a part and find out it's either bad, or 'may be good'.
Real testing in actual use will tell you if it really is good in it's end application.

saturated

yes sir thank you

its been a couple years i have been trying to learn this stuff.  I eventually thought I could buy my way into knowing it.
I had three Peak Atlas testers...a dca55? lcr45? and the one for capacitors....ended up selling them off because I needed to know the fundamentals and diode tests between emitter and stuff...observing multimeters hooked to capacitors..in short I needed to learn what was going on.
I even had a nice hakko fr301 which was so nice but I felt spoiled and sold it.  felt like i need to pay my dues and come up old school.
then I was watching videos of people in other countries fixing stuff with hardly any resources...and people in the US using their knowledge and experience.

anyhow just rambling thanks for listening. 

:)
I ask stupid questions
and make stupid mistakes

criticism, critique, derision, flaming, verbal abuse welcome