Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:51:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Need more sustain in my distortion

Started by jedisteve, February 26, 2007, 11:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedisteve

I have been trying to get more sustain out of my distortion pedal.  Everytime I strum I get distortion but it quickly goes away without any real sustain...does anybody know a way to make it sustain longer?  Also, for some reason my E,A,D,G, and B strings all distort but my high E string stays clean.  If anyone knows why this may be happening I would appreciate the help...Thanks.

teemuk

You need more gain and/or a compressor in front of the circuit. If higher frequencies do not distort it usually means that
a) their gain is lower than of the lower frequencies
b) they are somehow attenuated before the clipping ("distorting") takes place

I see that you have already mentioned about several problems of similar circuit in other threads. It might be easier for us to understand what you are trying to achieve if you'd just continue the existing ones. Anyway, a schematic of the problematic circuit would usually help a lot.

jedisteve

Thanks for the help...I found the problem and got my distortion sounding really good...I appreciate everyone who's helped with their replies...

8|

zyggurat