Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 03:43:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Best Fender Pre/Power combo?

Started by locodela, March 31, 2009, 12:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

locodela

Hello!

Anybody have a good combo of preamp and poweramp to coup a fender clean sound? I'd prefer something less then 100 watts, but more then 10w, nothing too big.

Also, it's gotta swing right with pedals  8)

I saw the 'blackface fender preamp' thread, which looks pretty good with an lm1875 poweramp, but it doesn't look like it got too many reviews. Are there any other projects out there?

Thanks!
Matthew

J M Fahey

Hi Locodela. You might try something like the ESP preamp, with any power chip you like. (TDA2030>up) . It´s quite Fenderish, good cleans, poor distortion (well, better than nothing); but you´ll supply the pedals anyway. Read One-Way´s thread, or go straight to ESP´s project27.
Probably on a rainy afternoon, I´ll design and post some Vero or perf board layout for it. Bye.

locodela

Hey thanks a lot for the recomendation! I will be looking into it now. About the distortion, from what I understand, it's best to leave SS amps do what they do best.. clean! So I have no intent of pushing this thing into distortion from the chip.

If the project you recommend checks out, I'll make a vero/pcb layout too.  8)

Thanks again,
Matthew