Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:12:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Transformer wiring for Stage 160 from Europe to USA

Started by bob_amos, March 08, 2009, 11:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob_amos

Hi all, I just purchased a Fender Stage 160 DSP that is a European model but I live in the good ol' USA. I know that Fender uses a universal transformer for foriegn models that can have the transformer wires repositioned to operate on our voltage rather than the 220 volts that it is set up for in Europe. Does anyone have the positions for the wiring to do this? I have a Fender Automatic that is also a European model and a friend of mine, that works for Fender as the amplifier production manager, got for me and he repositioned those wires to work. Unfortunately, he moved from the Corona office to Scotsdale and I am having a little trouble reaching him. So, you guys are my best hope.
I'm now old enough to be considered Vintage and play with my guitars and amps for personal pleasure and hobby. Been playing, off and on, since 1965.

bob_amos

Thanks for the schematic. I do have that one. I must be missing something though as the schematic has the transformer I have for 220-240 volts as well as 100 volts. (Same unit just wired differently for the 2 different voltage uses.) The 120 volt portion is a different transformer. I know that the transformer for the 240 is usable with a rerouting of the wires. That is what was done to the Automatic GT I have. I did finally reach my friend at Fender and he gave me this rerouting. Blk/Red P-9.. Blk/Yel P-10.. B;k/Grn P-8.. and Blk P-11. The only thing is..on P-11 is the white wire from the on/off switch.  Thanks again...
I'm now old enough to be considered Vintage and play with my guitars and amps for personal pleasure and hobby. Been playing, off and on, since 1965.

bob_amos

Okay, Got the proper information from my friend at Fender on this. It could not be any easier. All I needed to do was remove the black/green wire from terminal number P-12 and team it up with the black wire at terminal number P-11. It now plays perfectly. Thanks for the input from here. Bob