Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:34:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Guitar Amp Design

Started by A5phyx1at10n, September 04, 2011, 07:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A5phyx1at10n

Hello all. I am looking to design a custom guitar amp for personal use. The problem is, all the information I have researched always leads to me schematics of amps that someone has already designed. I have a degree in Electrical Engineering, so I have a good understanding of electronics, and I have built the 9v Ruby amp already to get my feet wet with amps. I am looking to completely build an amp from scratch without looking up a schematic. Complete design from the ground up. Can anyone tell me where I can find more information on this topic?

J M Fahey

1) Download and read Teemuk's book
2) Download and read Teemuk's book
3) Download and read Teemuk's book
4) Download and read Teemuk's book
100) Download and read Teemuk's book
Maybe I find it *that* good. ;) :tu:
Seriously, it's *excellent* and has way too much information for a single project, so start light, prototype ... test .... tweak .... when satisfied go on adding more complex parts , but I suggest you start light and take your time.

Also read a lot of commercial schematics, try to understand them, why they did things certain way and not another, etc.
Just like playing guitar: practicing other guy's' licks is *learning* , not copying.

A5phyx1at10n

Thank you for your response. I agree 110% with your ideas about starting off slow, and viewing of commerical schematics. I have been viewing them a lot lately, so it's good to know I am heading in the right direction. I'll definately check out that book for my first major point of reference. Thanks again!!