Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:24:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

line 6 flextone lll amp.volume level drops after a short time of operation

Started by EDWARDEFFECT1, October 07, 2010, 10:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDWARDEFFECT1

line 6 flextone lll amp.volume level drops after a short time of operation.seems to work great on initial startup then the volume drops off.any ideas.voltage regulator,output chip.also the delay lights went out.when i got the amp the delay worked and the volume dropped off.i did a factory reboot by holding down the a and d buttons on power up now the delay lights don't work and i still have the volume issue....thanks...ed

EDWARDEFFECT1

does anyone have a schematic for this amp?i'm wondering where to start with my volume dropping off problem.has anyone else had a simular problem  that they have seen and what did you do to correct it?...thanks...ed

EDWARDEFFECT1

measured voltages on regulators as folllows:
           u1 measures +8.2v
           u8 measures +5.0v  board reads +5v near regulator
          u26 measures +3.3v board reads +3.3 near regulator
          u27 measures +8.2v board reads +5v near regulator
          u29 measures +21.3v board reads +15v near regulator
          u31 measures -21.3v board reads -15v near regulator

is something causing u29 and u31 to read high?possibly causing another chip to shut down? or is it normal?....thanks   ed!

J M Fahey

It's their job to get 21 unregulated Volts and furnish perfect 15V.

EDWARDEFFECT1

thanks jm! any idea why the volume drops after a few minutes.does it with  a guitar plugged into the return of the effects loop.does this mean it is in the power section of the amp?the volume comes back to full volume  sometimes then back down in volume again.the lights stopped working on the delay section of the amp and the delay and reverb stopped working after i did a factory reboot.pushing the a and d buttons and holding them upon startup.any ideas jump in.the delay and reverb did work before doing the reboot.i thought i might of goofed,but upon doing the factory reboot again ,it did the same thing..thanks....ed!!

EDWARDEFFECT1

is there a way to check the output transistors..ac voltage? if so what pin do i use?..thanks..ed

J M Fahey

I guess they use a chip amp.
*Maybe * it has some problem there which can be addressed, but I fear there's a far higher chance of having a digital problem, an area which is far beyond me.

EDWARDEFFECT1

replaced the 2 tda 7293 output ic's and the amp volume problem is fixed.i did a factory reboot holding channel's a & d at the same time during power-up .the delay and effect knob light light up when i do the reboot.after that they go out and the delay doesn't work or the effects (this includes their lights). the reverb  works fine....any troubleshooting ideas anyone!if i get the delay and effects going it's good to go.love the tone of some of the different amp settings.i think they rival any tube amp.hate to say that as i have alot of them.....ed!!!

EDWARDEFFECT1

hey!!!!! i figured it out. i downloaded the manual and found out there were 2 small(very small buttons one near the delay and the other near the mod knob).i pushed the 2 bttons now all the lights and effects work....finally got it fixed...works great i really like this amp for sound. it's a bit on the heavy side.but someone put wheels on it , so i can live with it....thanks...ed

saying of the day if your lights are out and your effects are not working on your line6 flextone lll push the buttons!!!!!!

J M Fahey

EDWARDEFFECT1

i got lucky! my dad always said to me that even a blind squirrel gets an acorn now and then......ed!!

2 thumbs up on this amp for tone.alot of good tones without even trying.maybe the past owner reprogrammed it...it's a keeper! love it!!!!!

EDWARDEFFECT1

thought i had the amp fixed. it still plays for a short time then the volume drops off for a few seconds then comes back to full power again.i changed u1 voltage regulator and it made no difference......any ideas.....ed

EDWARDEFFECT1

just took the amp apart again to try to fix the volume drop issue.i plays good for a minute or 2 then the volume drops off.then after 20 or 30 seconds it comes back to full volume. any ideas....ed