Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:19:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Any info for PEARL VORG 101?

Started by Foo Zen Trader, November 12, 2010, 11:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foo Zen Trader

Hi!

I'm Dennis from Germany, pretty much into FX Pedals (freestompboxes and musikding.de)
This is my first post here and it starts with a question... shame on me! ;)

I've bought an amplifier for little money and need the schematics:

Pearl Vorg 101

I've googled for hours but cannot find anything.

Any ideas where I can get them?

Cheerio,

Foo
YABBA DABBA DOOM

DJPhil

I poked around for a while and found a bit of info on the Pearl brand. It seems likely that your amp is rebranded from a different manufacturer, which would make it very hard indeed to find info under the original name. It's likely that there was no effort by the company to duplicate the support materials from the original manufacturer, and that any problems were handled by techs without schematics to refer to unless they recognized the equipment (or it's guts) by sight.

If you have a problem you might have better luck posting about the problem itself. There's lots of highly experienced folks here who could help you sort things out even without a schematic. It always helps to post lots of pictures!

Foo Zen Trader

Thank you!

The amp works pretty well for it's 30 years and sounds real good! I need to swap some horrible crackling pots (both Mid knobs are completely dead  :trouble), rusty jacks and maybe the electrolytic capacitors.

It starts to hiss after some minutes and the Reverb sounds overdriven.

I'll post some pictures of it soon! Btw, the quality inside the vorg is just awesome!

Greetz,

Dennis
YABBA DABBA DOOM

J M Fahey

Well, you already answered yourself (partially).
If it works, good!!!.
What you have are what we call "mechanical" problems, caused by age (corrosion, dust, etc.).
Start by getting a good contact cleaner, squirt a little in every pot and move it back and forth many times, most will clean up; a little into every jack, move a plug in-out many times to scratch and clean grim and oxide, do the same to switches, see if it has some connectors  inside , clean also the reverb tank contacts (probably RCA jacks), etc.
If after repeated efforts some pot, switch or jack still fails, then replace it of course.
Good luck.
And ... post those pictures, not only outside but inside too.