Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:48:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

kind of repairing that change the tone?

Started by jeansen, April 23, 2009, 01:02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeansen

hi,Teemuk and everyone :)...i have some questions:
i've just repaired my amp (the repairman said it was because of a loose solder-so he re-soldered it)..but now, i think my amp tone has changed..i'm just wondering :
1. can that kind of repairing - re-soldering a loose solder - change the tone of my amp? (or is it only because of my poor hearing n feeling about my amp tone?(cause i rarely use that amp  :-[)
2. and i also, would like to know,what kind of repairing stuffs that can altered the tone of my amp?
thx u

phatt

Short answer,, Unlikely.
The possibility exists but there are a million and one possibilities.
You'll go crazy trying to list them all :duh
If you have not used the Amp for a while then even the wheather can change they way your ears hear things.

Try setting up a 1000 Watt sound system in an empty venue test it,,,
then (without adjusting anything) come back when the venue is full and the whole thing will sound very different. :o
Phil.

jeansen

hello,phatt..thx u so much for answering...wow, i have never think about that..thx a lot..actually,i;m just wondering what kind of repairing that can often damage/change the tone of amp and..is my amp repairing included? thx u  :)

Leopard

Quote from: jeansen on April 25, 2009, 10:04:41 AM
hello,phatt..thx u so much for answering...wow, i have never think about that..thx a lot..actually,i;m just wondering what kind of repairing that can often damage/change the tone of amp and..is my amp repairing included? thx u  :)
Fixing broken solder joints shouldn't affect the tone of the amp. :)