Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:45:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

In the market for a new amp

Started by El_Che, September 20, 2008, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El_Che

My first post.  I've decided to take up guitar again after a 5 year hiatus, and boy am I hungry for it.  My first question has probably been asked all too often, but here goes.  I'm looking for a versatile SS amp that can give me a wide range of good sounds, from blues to rock and a little jazz.  It would be nice to have a few effects built into it too, such as chorus and reverb, etc.  This amp will probably not see the outsides of my house, so small is ok.  Could a few of you make several suggestions, for the market is so full of different models it makes me dizzy.  Price range between about $150 to $300.  thanks.

Jack1962

Try the Roland Micro Cube , it has Chorus , Flange ,Phase Tremelo Delay and Reverb built in and work fairly well , it also has 6 amp models that are ok . This little amp is AC or DC powered and sound pretty good , and cost $125 retail.

Rock On

Carl

I had a MicroCube and it was a great little amp. I sold it after I tried the MicroCube RX. The RX is more expensive at $230 but sounds much better. It has four speakers and two channels for stereo.

I just bought a Vox DA-5 for $140.00. It has an honest 5 watts and a 6 1/2" speaker. I can use it with my bass in acoustic jams. The Microcubes have smaller speakers and will not handle the bass. They all have aux in for CD or MP3 input.

The Vox also has a microphone input with a volume control.

The Vox and MicroCube are about eight pounds, the Microcube RX is 15 pounds.

They all run on batteries. The batteries last a long time and you can use the amps anywhere.

They are all fine amps.

Carl