Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:16:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Simple low power amp

Started by mckayprod, May 27, 2016, 11:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mckayprod

This guy is a hoot.  Add a decent preamp to this (and maybe a zobel network) and I bet it'll work well for a low-power application.  Discrete components, easily adjustable sensitivity.  For some reason I can't copy & paste a link to this exact page, but go to http://www.sm0vpo.com/, then to the "Projects" tab then the "AF/Amps circuits". then "4-w AF amp".  Sadly, he doesn't have a board to sell us but the artwork is there.  Thanks, Harry!

J M Fahey

Oh, Harry/sm0vpo is a great designer and a colourful guy  :dbtu:
He was involved in warplane Electronics, radars, missiles, and other "everyday" subjects while belonging in RAF and lived sometime in Saudi Arabia installing and calibrating military stuff sold themm by UK.
I bet he was paid handsomely but he, like all other Brits living there, had big problems at parties , even home ones, because of the strict no alcohol rules and punishment attached to its sale, so he and a few partners had to be *very*  creative by improvising mini home breweries and a micro distillery which on inspection looked like just so many kitchen pots and pans . 8|