Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:15:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Mike Matthews Freedom Amp repair help

Started by jolyamp, December 30, 2015, 10:23:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jolyamp

I am trying to help a friend with his Mike Matthews Freedom Amp from the 1970's.  The large capacitor came loose and tore most of the wires off.  It also damaged the bridge rectifier mounted to the capacitor.  I am looking for a schematic or connection diagram for the capacitor assembly and where the wires mount to the circuit board.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Thank you

woodstock1

just write a paper letter to MM at the current EH location....he may answer you personally and send a print.......years ago, the chap did write to me and sent his own print of the electroharmonix hot tubes gadget.....he is a genuine fine person......jim

J M Fahey

In case you didn't solve it yet:
The Freedom Amp was originally powered by 40 D sized 1.5V batteries  :loco , a truly revolutionary concept, for a 60V DC sungle supply.

That huge battery supply had 2 terminals: negative went to amp ground and positive to a power switch.

Although the idea was cool and you could *really*  play your guitar LOUD while skydiving  :duh , on top of the Everest or in the middle of the jungle,