Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:26:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Fixing the input jack of my peavey bandit 112

Started by thrashmnaiac89, February 28, 2015, 09:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrashmnaiac89

Hey guys. When I plug in to either of the input jacks(high gain/low gain) I just get nothing at all. I can't even twist the chord to get sound. I got as far as taking the circuit board out but can't figure out what needs to be soldered/bent.

I provided a picture of the front of the circuit board as well as the back.

I am positive that it's the input jacks since everything else seems to work fine.

Here are the pictures:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2n9g9rG2yodMjJFV0NDNy1LTlU/

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2n9g9rG2yodT0N0c095QXVzdGM/

Any insight would be helpful since I have never done anything like this before. If necessary I can provide extra info/pictures if it helps anybody. Thanks :)

Roly

Hi thrashmnaiac89, welcome.

Those images are only accessible to those with a Google account, which I don't got.

The most common cause of this sort of thing is that someone has tripped over a guitar lead and wrenched the socket, and if it is mounted directly on the circuit board with little or no other support (a very typical modern shortcoming) then the socket solder joints will have been wrenched and possibly broken.

Have a very close inspect on the solder side with a good light and lens and see if there is any sign of movement of/within the solder joints when the socket is wiggled, and if so they need to be made good by resoldering.  Sometimes the whole joint will wrench free of the board and break its connection to the track leading away.  This can be particularly had to see, but is easily fixed by bridging the break with a short length of wire.

HTH
If you say theory and practice don't agree you haven't applied enough theory.

Enzo

How can you be certain it is those jacks?  You say everything else works fine, but what does that mean?  How can you tell if the rest of it is working if no sound comes out?

J M Fahey

Quote from: Roly on February 28, 2015, 10:14:02 PM
Hi thrashmnaiac89, welcome.

Those images are only accessible to those with a Google account, which I don't got.
Same here:

Quote  Drive

You need permission

Want in? Ask the owner for access, or switch to an account with permission. Learn more

You are signed in as juanmanuelfahey@gmail.com.

Request access         Switch accounts

Funny thing is I do have a Google account as shown above and still can't get in.

Maybe it's "access forbidden to non-minors?"

Because in that case neither Enzo, Roly or myself can get in :(

I suggest http://tinypic.com/ or any other non forced registration (for viewers)  site.
Just click the "image" symbol here (yellow rectangular face under the B symbol) and paste the direct link tinypic suggests .

"Preview" your post to see what it will look like.
The images should appear inside the post, just like Enzo, Roly and Juan picture above.

Of course they will try to feed publicity to you (there's nothing really free) , simply do not click the  "you won an I Phone" link   , the WalMart one, or any similar baited hook

Unless the bait is:

in which case I will swallow hook, line and sinker.

Roly

Eee, awww - trouble t'at pit lads.

Just annual stocktaking.
If you say theory and practice don't agree you haven't applied enough theory.