Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:40:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Peavey Envoy 110 Trans Tube Beefing up the Output Stage

Started by aoresteen, February 24, 2015, 02:29:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J M Fahey

Fully agree and that's the point.

IF you'll need to buy a larger transformer, new big filter caps (because you will need more filtering and higher voltage), probably higher rated rectifiers, a good heatsink, etc. ... you are practically buying a nwe power amp ... or 90% of it.

Go all the way, leave the old one as is, build the new one in a simple chassis and mount it inside the extra speaker cabinet you are adding.

aoresteen

OK, I figured out what I will do.  I am buying another Peavey Bandit 112 Silver Stripe.  It has an effects loop and can take a 4 ohm load.  It has more power than I need (100 watts @ 4 ohms, 80watts @ 8 ohms) but that's why there is a vol knob on it  :).  It is the same vintage as my Envoy 110.

I found one on my local Craig s List for $120 and I bought a matching external cab off of eBay for $150 shipped.

I emailed Weber speakers and were are discussing new 12" speakers - A Blue Dog and a Silver Bell seem to be the best candidates thus far.

Here's what the rig will look like when done:

Project Done!

Thanks for all the advice and help!
Tony Oresteen
Peavey Bandit Silver Strip, Revolution 112
Marshall MOSFET Lead 100 3210
Squier SP10
Newnan, GA

Roly

Quote from: aoresteenbut that's why there is a vol knob on it  :).

Well done.  That's not a concept a lot of guitarists get.     :lmao:
If you say theory and practice don't agree you haven't applied enough theory.