Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:58:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Yamaha THR5 10-Watt Stereo Desktop Modeling Amp

Started by bagwellbill, December 12, 2014, 01:48:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J M Fahey

Hey kid !!!!

I guess you need a little bit of good 'ole :

phatt

Quote from: J M Fahey on December 15, 2014, 02:00:24 AM
Hey kid !!!!

I guess you need a little bit of good 'ole :

:lmao:
Hey J M Fahey, Should We mention that the switch is likely to be a pcb mount and the one he has may not fit? So even if he wires the switch the right way it maybe futile as the switch maybe the wrong type.

Not to worry as often the amount of indignance is directly proportional to the amount of ignorance displayed. 8|

I'd say there is a fair chance that it will come apart but may not be fixed until well after new year.
Reminds me of the old saying; You can give a fool the meaning of life on a silver platter and he will just throw it in the bin.
I believe there is a simple fix but I'll keep that for when he calms down and comes to the realization that the advice he has received came from many hundreds of collective hours of hard sweat by very intelligent minds that have seen it all before.
What's that old movie line? "Some people you just can't reach"

Meantime life moves on,,, Phil.

mauser

So you are mad we are not psychic mind readers with xray vision.   You want an answer to a question that has yet to be asked.
You wont know jack till you get a schematic and open it up.   A simple google search of 3 pole toggle switch wiring will give you a basic idea...but it's all a guess until you see how its made inside.

And wouldn't common sense suggest....that if you buy the right switch from fender....that a person could simply take one wire at a time and solder it to the new switch?   After de-soldering it off the old switch?      Unless it it a pin type mounted in a board. and if that is the case..there is no thinking involved.

Have a solder gun @40 watts?
Have a de-solder bulb?
Have a mutimeter?

We know you got a poopy attitude.  Leave that behind. Become humble...and learn.

gbono

Quote from: bagwellbill on December 15, 2014, 12:56:46 AM
know what, everyone on this site is just a bunch of ignorant fucks. f!!* this site and you people. Can't get a fucking straight answer outta no one. I just didnt know how many amps the fucking switch had to be and needed to know how to wire the damn thing because i can't fucking look at mine to see how it is. Ass holes

Hey bagwellmonkey if you ever come back to ask more questions - don't.

JHow

Wow.  This forum has attracted some cranky customers lately.

J M Fahey

Worst is that they were treated kindly, we tried to help, but asked for some clarification to do so.
And they burst their tops.
Oh well.