Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:06:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Randall RG1503-212 All 3 switches on at once.

Started by DannyRG, September 19, 2014, 09:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyRG

Hello All,

Brand new to the site here and fairly new at guitar. Never have had to work on an Amp before so slightly nervous.
Anyway I have a 2012 Randall RG1503-212 that I bought new about a year and a half ago. Last night when I went to practice I turned on the amp and all three switch lights are on at the same time. No sound comes from the amp when trying to play like this. If I press the channel 1 switch on the foot switch and hold it down the amp plays what sounds like a combination of clean and channel 2. Sounds horrible. The same thing happens when pressing and holding the channel selector on the amp itself.
This is the only way I can get any sound to come out of it right now. Very frustrated!! I hoping I don't have to bring it to a shop. Any info is greatly appreciated!!

J M Fahey

Start trying to get the schematic, otherwise it will be a wild guessing game.

Write Randall and tell them "a customer" brought one and sign "Dan's Music Servicing" or something like that.

Roly

Quote from: J M Fahey on October 09, 2014, 01:37:32 AM
Write Randall and tell them "a customer" brought one and sign "Dan's Music Servicing" or something like that.

:lmao:

You giving away trade secrets again?   :grr
If you say theory and practice don't agree you haven't applied enough theory.

J M Fahey

In fact, the original idea came from Enzo, so sue him  :lmao:

Be aware that he will not hire a Lawyer but send Ms Wenzo "to have a few words with you"   :trouble

I'd avoid that  by all means  :lmao:

Roly

Oh noze!   :o

As it happens I was laughing like a drain because I just advised somebody last week to do the same thing to get a circuit for the Chinese CRO they bought that packed it in just out of guarantee.   :lmao:
If you say theory and practice don't agree you haven't applied enough theory.

J M Fahey

Originaly I thought that Companies wanted to hide their Technical Secrets but later was told that by sending schematics or other repair information to unqualified people (which is 99.95% people out there) made them co-responsible for any damage because they would be "agreeing/encouraging you to mess with it".