Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 11:41:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Headphone volume low, No sound from speaker

Started by Erich, May 24, 2013, 07:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erich

Howdy, All! Love the forum.
I got a Kustom KLA-10 amp from a friend and I want to fix it for my nephew. I had to replace the input & headphone jacks because the plastic I.C. mounted ones were both broken. I have power, the transformer works fine and I have low volume through the headphones and none through the speaker. I think it's the IC mounted on the heat sink ("power" portion of the amp). I'd like to know how to check it with my voltmeter to verify that's the problem. I am actually pretty hndy with this kind of thing, just not much experience with small SS audio circuits. I recondition tube amps and build guitars for a hobby!!
Any help you folks can offer would be appreciated. Oh, yeah, the IC has what looks like TBA2030A on one line and 8BA41B on the second. Thanks, again! Erich

Erich

HA! It's a TDA2030 and I have an old Epiphone 10W amp with a blown transformer. I'm going to try to change the amp IC to see if that is what was wrong!!!! I figure, hey, it's free, right? I'm still open to suggestions and I'll update this when I'm done!!!! "I'M GOIN' IN"