Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:52:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Tgen - Free software - Audio Functions generator (Windows)

Started by CrisBonis, December 19, 2012, 02:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J M Fahey

It's hard to keep track of your advances  ;)
:cheesy: :tu: :dbtu:

CrisBonis

CrisBonis

The new GUI  (only GUI) of TGEN 5

Forgot something  ?

What could be added?

;)

J M Fahey

WOW !!!Thanks for the 1/3 octave swept tones, covering the guitar speaker band !!!!
I'll download and test it tonight !!!
Thanks again. :dbtu: :dbtu: :dbtu: :dbtu: :dbtu:

CrisBonis

Quote from: J M Fahey on January 04, 2013, 08:06:37 AM
WOW !!!Thanks for the 1/3 octave swept tones, covering the guitar speaker band !!!!
I'll download and test it tonight !!!
Thanks again. :dbtu: :dbtu: :dbtu: :dbtu: :dbtu:

sorry...i'm still writing the new GUI, and will be available soon...

Roly

Are these freq ISO?  If so label as?

{Random thought, alternate window for musical note selection?}

The Custom wave is inspired!  Opens the door to all sorts of different waveforms, arbitrary, pre recorded, or software generated.  I'd suggest at least Audacity compatibility since that is also freeware.  {There may be better, but the .WAV format is easy to write.  Buried in a pile of old HDD's is a QBasic prog I wrote that generated .WAV files from whatever.}

Blue sky...

Have you thought of condensing the top level screen by using drop-down selections in each of the main windows?

Pan control, L, R, and Slider (& toggling L-R for each scan?).

ed2ad> Single sine/sq/saw/etc selection switch common to all non-co-incident functions (save interface space/complexity).

Start other software buttons/options, preset for resident mixer (to manage soundcard channels/levels), and e.g. Irfanview as a player, Audacity, whatever/user set?
If you say theory and practice don't agree you haven't applied enough theory.

CrisBonis

Quote from: Roly on January 05, 2013, 11:54:34 AM

The Custom wave is inspired!  Opens the door to all sorts of different waveforms, arbitrary, pre recorded, or software generated.  I'd suggest at least Audacity compatibility since that is also freeware.  {There may be better, but the .WAV format is easy to write.  Buried in a pile of old HDD's is a QBasic prog I wrote that generated .WAV files from whatever.}

Blue sky...

Have you thought of condensing the top level screen by using drop-down selections in each of the main windows?

ed2ad> Single sine/sq/saw/etc selection switch common to all non-co-incident functions (save interface space/complexity).

Start other software buttons/options, preset for resident mixer (to manage soundcard channels/levels), and e.g. Irfanview as a player, Audacity, whatever/user set?

I have stolen the frequency values from my analogic audio analyzer ....have you a ISO table ?

the top menu ...yes i have considered... but for now is to easy to designing for me (is to fast, my GUI is made by hand..... argh...)    :-[

PAN and the slider settings..I still have to work on these...

Thanks for other things... :tu:

CrisBonis

Quote from: CrisBonis on January 05, 2013, 12:41:23 PM
Quote from: Roly on January 05, 2013, 11:54:34 AM

Blue sky...

I have stolen the frequency values from my analogic audio analyzer ....have you a ISO table ?
I misunderstood your question?  :-[

the top menu ...yes i have considered... but for now is to easy to designing for me (is to fast, my GUI is made by hand..... argh...)    :-[

PAN and the slider settings..I still have to work on these...

Thanks for other things... :tu:

Roly

ISO tone frequencies;
http://www.kayelaby.npl.co.uk/general_physics/2_4/2_4_3.html

It's a long time since I've seen a list, and it's proving hard to find one on line; but I fancied that it was a progression based on something like the "twelveth root of two", similar to resistors and musical notes, but the (only) table I've found pretty much matches your selections and therefore already seems to comply with ISO 266:1975.   :dbtu: {so you should flaunt it  :cheesy: }

Roly

MSG Multi Sig Gen v0.8

Unpacked okay
Tried to run and got "OpenAL32.dll not valid Windows image" again
Started anyway

Slight leading glitch after changing settings; e.g. a tiny bit of leading square after selecting off for sine, like an audio buffer isn't being flushed after de-selection.

Return to default settings button?

Record One second WAV (Save As, default named from the settings)?

File>Help screen didn't properly clear when closed, left residual on MSG panel.

HTH

CrisBonis

Quote from: Roly on January 07, 2013, 01:41:15 AM
MSG Multi Sig Gen v0.8

Unpacked okay
Tried to run and got "OpenAL32.dll not valid Windows image" again
Started anyway

Slight leading glitch after changing settings; e.g. a tiny bit of leading square after selecting off for sine, like an audio buffer isn't being flushed after de-selection.

Return to default settings button?

Record One second WAV (Save As, default named from the settings)?

File>Help screen didn't properly clear when closed, left residual on MSG panel.

HTH

Thanks,
MSG  i  have to rewrite from scratch, the Msg engine has serious problem over the 1500 Hz (frequency is not stable)...for now i have hard working to HQPlayer and TGEN... when i finished this DUO...get the TGEN engine to build the new MSG and write the code for implement yours HACKS  8|

J M Fahey

Roly

Kaz Kylheku

You can generate tones with the Free/Open Source program Audacity, using the Generate menu.

I usually make one second's worth of a tone and then loop it by shift-clicking the play button. If the frequency is integral (which it almost always is), the loop is perfectly smooth.

There isn't a one-step way to generate mixtures of waveforms, but you can  just generate multiple tracks.

ADA MP-1 Mailing ListMusic DIY Mailing List
http://www.kylheku.com/mp1http://www.kylheku.com/diy

Roly

Yup.   :tu:

For multiple tones there will be a point where all the waves again cross zero in the same direction.  This may result in a loop that is other than one second, but the important thing is that there be no step discontinuities in any of the waves.