Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:36:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Morley Classic Wah Qestions

Started by Flypaper4Morons, November 19, 2011, 06:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flypaper4Morons

I have a Morley classic wah pedal i bought for 25$ US at a pawn shop and have been using it now for a year. I have noticed that it doesnt quiet have the "Wah" i guess im looking for. The wah doesnt start until the pedal is about 1/2 way down. Is it possible the optical sensor is dirty? There is only a on/off switch and the footboard.
Is there a way for me to Fix this so it will have more oomph and to note: Im running this first in my chain right after my boss tu2 pedal. Ive used this with a peavey vyper 15 and my Peavey A260 SS with same results.
To specifically describe what i belive is the problem it does not have the volume Ive heard from other Wahs weather i use a fresh 9volt or a 9volt power supply.

Thoughts Ideas?,

WAH NOOB..lol

joecool85

Quote from: Flypaper4Morons on November 19, 2011, 06:49:21 PM
I have a Morley classic wah pedal i bought for 25$ US at a pawn shop and have been using it now for a year. I have noticed that it doesnt quiet have the "Wah" i guess im looking for. The wah doesnt start until the pedal is about 1/2 way down. Is it possible the optical sensor is dirty? There is only a on/off switch and the footboard.
Is there a way for me to Fix this so it will have more oomph and to note: Im running this first in my chain right after my boss tu2 pedal. Ive used this with a peavey vyper 15 and my Peavey A260 SS with same results.
To specifically describe what i belive is the problem it does not have the volume Ive heard from other Wahs weather i use a fresh 9volt or a 9volt power supply.

Thoughts Ideas?,

WAH NOOB..lol

I'd start with cleaning it up, then go from there.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

Flypaper4Morons

Thanks Joe! I didnt know if anyone had previous dealings with morley but from what i gather thier products are rugged so I beleive its dirty. Will hit it with some detoxic and post results.

ENGR BUGO aka DimebuGG

Clean or wipe off dust in the LDR and LED. Adjust their positions to your liking (i.e. what you think sounds good in your ears).