Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:44:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Princeton PG200TRS Solid State Tremolo Reverb Amplifier

Started by teemuk, June 15, 2006, 04:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teemuk

Finally got this little rarity fixed. Couldn't find a schematic so I traced it by myself. I bet this is the only one in the internet.

teemuk

Here´s a pic. National has a model with similar chassis and features (tremolo & reverb). I bet it´s essentially the same amplifier. Can not remember which model though.

teemuk

Finally found it from my archives: The amp I was talking about was National GA920P Tremolo Reverb. It has similar features plus it came equipped with a similar 2 x 8" cabinet. Both amps were made in Japan by Panasonic. I wonder if there´s more of these - at least I have heard about a similar Silvertone.

J M Fahey

Thanks Teemu, beautiful cheesy amp, from the beginnings of Japan´s musical industry. I guess it must be *very* clean. The Fet preamp, up to and including the volume pot, should drive nicely an LM386 or any TDA20xx. PS: the Suomi labels were very interesting too. Obviously I can´t read them but I *love* that tongue´s sound. How do I know? Because I love Finnish cinema.

Weird-Oh

For some reason, your Princeton PG200TRS schematic has the bottom cut off. I've tried downloading it numerous times, and the result is always the same. Actually, some programs can't even open it at all. Supposedly, it's a corrupt file. Am I the only one who's having trouble with this file?
                                                                        , Larry H.

joecool85

It's cut off at the bottom for me too.  Opens alright though.
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

clintrubber

Same here, can open it but lower part is missing. Still nice to find this, thanks! I have the GA920P.

galaxiex

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I hope teemuk see's this,
and please could you re-post the schematic?  :)
The bottom of the image is cut off.
Thanks!
If it ain't broke I'll fix it until it is.

galaxiex

If it ain't broke I'll fix it until it is.