Welcome to Solid State Guitar Amp Forum | DIY Guitar Amplifiers. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:16:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Gorilla GG-110

Started by deebsboy, January 03, 2010, 02:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deebsboy

Hey guys,

Got a question about an old amp I just pulled out of storage. Its a Gorilla GG-110 150 watt amp. I would say its from the 80's but I cant really find any solid info for it on the internet. Just wondering if anyone has scats or knows a thing about it. I will post picks if that helps. Thanks

joecool85

Quote from: deebsboy on January 03, 2010, 02:35:51 AM
Hey guys,

Got a question about an old amp I just pulled out of storage. Its a Gorilla GG-110 150 watt amp. I would say its from the 80's but I cant really find any solid info for it on the internet. Just wondering if anyone has scats or knows a thing about it. I will post picks if that helps. Thanks

Not entirely sure, but I think musiciansfriend.com still sells something similar.  Any pics?
Life is what you make it.
Still rockin' the Dean Markley K-20X
thatraymond.com

J M Fahey

Hi deebsboy.
The 1000000 dollar question is: does it work?
If it does, good,  :tu: , clean the pots and jacks with Deoxit or similar and you're basically done.
If not, it becomes an "opportunity", the sweetened description of "roll up ypur sleeves and get ready for rough work" :(
I think they were an off-brand of Pignose , although I might be real mistaken on that, and no, I have never found any schematic, although they are pretty decent, I repaired a couple without undue problems, they were quite "classic", which is good for servicing..
JMFahey.

Enzo

Pignose distributes them, but I don;t know if they make them or not.  Seems to me that Pignose acquired the brand a while back